Pattern Making Diploma
In the fashion world, the garment is as good as the pattern from which it is made. This diploma consists of two levels which will enable the students to start from the basic terms of tailoring to taking accurate body measurements moving towards mastering the development of all different garments patterns and knowing everything about fabric compatibility ending with creating and complementing any design with the right fabric. In a professional environment and through hands-on training by highly qualified professors, students will be able to learn all the skills to take their designs and prototype garment and develop them into a workable pattern for mass production.
Throughout the Diploma, students will be able to develop the following:
• Basic bodice with dart and without dart.
• DARTS: waist dart, side dart, Neck dart, Princess (Styleline and Armhole),
• COLLARS: Cowl neckline, Baby collars, Mandarin collar, Two-piece shirt, single breasted collar, Shawl-collar, Jabot caller, Flat caller.
• SLEEVES: Basic sleeve, Puffed sleeve, Cuffed sleeve, Two piece sleeve, Raglan sleeve, Half circle & Full circle sleeves, Flared sleeve.
• BLOUSES: Shirt with yoke, Shirt with wide collar.
• DRESSES: Fitted summer dress, American dress
• SKIRTS: Basic skirt, Panel skirt, Flared Skirt, Half and Full circle skirt, Miniskirt with yoke.
• PANTS: Basic Pants, Jeans
• VEST: Classic vest
• JACKET: Classic jacket, Chanel jacket,
• EVENING WEAR: Teddy with cup, Buster with suspender straps, Evening dress with liner.